Best Tennis Shoes for Golf
Golf shoes have evolved a lot over the years, with many shoes offer very different performance enhancements, giving players countless options to choose from.
Choosing a new set of golf shoes can be a frustrating process. There are almost too many pairs of golf shoes to pick from.
They’re all marketed well, and deciphering the gimmick word-smithing can be fairly tricky. This review is intended to determine which shoes are the best golf shoes for your specific needs.
While some golfers need golf shoes that focus on providing cushioning and stability for wide feet, other golfers want maximum feel and flexibility.
Depending on how much you walk golf courses, your body type, and what you prioritize, some golf shoes may be better than others.
Do golf shoes need a break-in period?
The right-sized pair should not require any breaking in.
The best golf shoe models are designed to accommodate your foot shape from the start. If it doesn’t happen, try going a half-a-size or a size up, consider getting a different width is it is available, or simply go for another model.
In some individual cases, the shoe might cause discomfort during the first wear. Here are some first-aid tips to soften the material without going through the ordeal:
- Wear an extra thick sock or an anti-blister sock to have an additional cushion.
- Putting a shoe tree breaks in the shoe faster than usual.
- Athletes also attest to blister balms. They reduce friction and prevent excessive rubbing.
- A padding roll can also be wrapped in areas that are prone to blisters. This item is thick enough to protect the skin and expand the material.
- Some golfers also use blister patches. They are designed like a band-aid, only thicker.
Certain things are essential to every golf shoe, and this list has narrowed down the best options available. Let’s get started.
Nike Air Max 1 G
Nike has been around forever, and they’re known for making high-quality golf shoes. They’ve made some of the most iconic shoes of the last 30+ years, and nothing has changed.
Lucky for golfers, Nike has recently begun to introduce some of its most iconic gym shoes to the golf world. Enter the Nike Air Max 1.
The Nike Air Max 1 has been a popular gym shoe for decades. Its origins date back to 1987, and the golf shoe has recently taken the golf world by storm.
The Nike Air Max’s classic aesthetic and comfort have easily placed it on our best golf shoes list. Let’s get into the details.
- No-sew overlays help keep water out.
- Visible Max Air unit in the heel cushions each step.
- Integrated Traction pattern enhances grip.
- Design details are inspired by the original Nike Air Max 1.
- Full-length Phylon foam midsole provides lightweight comfort and a stable feel.
- The quickest shoe around
- Lacks stability
Nike Men’s 2020 Air Max 1 G Golf Shoes
The Nike Air Max golf shoes are hands down the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve ever worn.
They’re just as comfortable as the gym shoe (sneaker) version and transition incredibly well to the golf course.
The sole of these golf shoes is one of the most supportive and comfortable golf shoe soles that we have encountered.
The Nike Air Max’s comfort comes from its foam midsole and “Max Air” unit (the bubble in the heel).
The sole is stable and accommodates wide feet, so you don’t have to worry about them being too narrow (a common complaint about Nike’s).
It’s not a stretch to say these golf shoes feel like they were designed for senior citizens despite their outward appearance reflecting the classic 1980s basketball style that’s incredibly popular right now.
The Nike Air Max’s feature a leather upper portion that keeps your feet dry even in the wettest conditions.
I’ve worn these golf shoes in downpours without ever getting my feet wet. In addition to being waterproof, the upper portion of the Nike Air Max features thicker padding than other golf shoes (including the tongue), which push these over the edge as the most comfortable golf shoe.
Despite being waterproof, padded, and supportive, the upper portion of the shoes also accommodate oddly shaped feet (wide feet or those with bunions) very well.
One drawback of the shoe’s design is that the black rubber layer wraps around the shoe (see the two lines along with the toe cap that you can follow around the shoe?) separated on my pair after about five months of wear.
This doesn’t affect performance at all and has not affected the waterproof nature of the shoe, but it’s worth noting.
- It’s an iconic look that can be worn on and off the golf course and is comfy and stable underfoot.
- It’s a relative niche design that perhaps favors style over substance.
- No-sew overlays help keep water out.
- Visible Max Air unit in the heel cushions each step.
- Integrated Traction pattern enhances grip.
- Design details are inspired by the original Nike Air Max 1.
- Full-length Phylon foam midsole provides lightweight comfort and a stable feel.
- Textile is lightweight and breathable.
- Flywire technology provides lockdown for a secure fit
- Lunarlon cushioning for a responsive heel-to-toe transition
- TPU heel counter helps lock down your heel
- I wouldn’t recommend it in muddy conditions
Athalonz Men’s Enve Golf Shoes Black
- ENGINEERED FOR COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE, ORDER 1/2 SIZE LARGER THAN USUAL FOR THE BEST FIT: Lightweight, water resistant stability at only 11 oz, Approved for USGA Sanctioned Events. Improves the game of both Left and Right Handed Golfers.
- REDUCES SWAY. EnVe Patented Midsole Centers Your Weight to Reduce Sway, Enhance Stability and improve consistency.
- INCREASES POWER. The EnVe Midsole Increases Power by Increasing Your Ground Reaction Force. Athalonz golf shoes are uniquely designed to include the right angles in the right places to shift forces towards your body to increase your power by at least 9%.
- IMPROVES PERFORMANCE. EnVe Technology leverages the laws of physics to improve athletic performance by customizing your foot position to improve your golf mechanics and performance.
- SPIKELESS Intelligent Grip & Glide Outsole. Multi-direction treaded outsole provides excellent traction, on and off the course.
Athalonz is a general sports company that manufactures a wide variety of sporting equipment. They pride themselves on research and a science-based approach to creating their products.
Although Athalonz is relatively new to the golf shoe marketplace, it has recently grown its brand recognition by sponsoring World Long Drive professional golfers.
If you watched the 2019 World Long Drive Championships, you might have noticed 2019 WLD champions Chloe Garner and Kyle Berkshire wearing these shoes.
That seems like a pretty good sign. Overall, the Athalonz Enve golf shoe is a unique and well-thought-out golf shoe principally built for athletic performance. Let’s get into the details.
The Athalonz Envy golf shoes are principally built for making an athletic golf swing. At the same time, some companies are designing golf shoes that are minimalist to fit various dress styles.
The Athalonz Enve takes the opposite approach. This golf shoe has various features that detract from its aesthetic versatility (you won’t be wearing these in the boardroom) but make it one of the best golf shoes for the course.
Unlike most golf shoes, the Athalonz Enve features a unique support bootie. This is a bit different from a traditional golf shoe with a traditional tongue.
The bootie makes the shoe fit snugly to your foot, making it all the more comfortable. To be honest, we wish more of the best golf shoes had this feature.
The Athalonz Envy is packed with features to support and promote an athletic golf swing. The golf shoe features a comfortable midsole and natural flex zone where the golf shoe creases to support the foot while also allowing it to move in ways that support your swing.
The sole of the Athalonz Enve, like the rest of the golf shoe, is unique. The shoe’s sole features a spike-less design with varying groove patterns to promote grip and stability through the swing.
More golf shoe companies these days are going spike-less, and with the long drive champs wearing spike-less shoes, it’s hard to argue that they cause your feet to slip.
- Increases your power by 9% or more
- Alignment of your body to maximize your performance
- Move naturally with our biomechanically placed flex zone
- Reduction of stress on your joints, hips, and back
- Intrinsic outsole for intelligent on and off course traction
- Waterproof toe box
- Quick delivery by RBG
- They are water-resistant
- These are an excellent looking shoe and comfortable
- High retail cost.
adidas Men’s Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoe
- Molded six-spike design
- Mesh inserts encourage air flow
- EVA foam midsole
- ThinTECH flexible traction and stability
Specially designed by Adidas to provide tour-level performance, the Tech Response golf shoe will undoubtedly allow you to pitch, put and swing with confidence.
Designed with extra room in the forefoot, they are an extremely comfortable shoe, fabricated with a cloud foam sock liner and a soft textile lining.
With lightweight cushioning supporting every step of your game, the Tech Response shoe is highly breathable with plenty of ventilation.
Featuring low profile THINTECH EXP cleats, you can be assured of excellent traction and grip while causing less damage and wear and tear to the greens.
A durable rubber ADIWEAR outsole is strategically configured with a versatile lug pattern for great confidence and stability. The Adidas Tech Response is an affordable, fashionable, and performance-enhancing choice.
- Microfiber, leather, and mesh construction
- Soft and lightweight EVA cushioning
- 6-spike outsole configuration
- Excellent traction and stability
- Breathability and comfortable ventilation
- EVA Form Inside Sole
- Six Spike Sole for Great Grip
- Lightweight Mesh Design
- Breathable Fabrics
- Not Waterproof
- Poor Arch Support
PUMA Men’s Ignite Nxt Lace Golf Shoe
- Performance Mesh +TPU
- Ignite Foam
- Waterproof Mesh
- Organic Traction
For a golf shoe that looks every bit as stylish as it performs, the Puma Men’s Ignite Nxt shoe is simply superb.
Fabricated with fully waterproof and highly breathable flat-knit mesh combined with PWRGRAME reinforcement and refined-looking decoupled PWRCAGE pieces, this iconic and innovative Puma golf shoe delivers a secure and stable fit.
Lightweight yet durable, the ultra-thin TPU frame provides plenty of flexibility without compromising on traction. It’s a responsive and energy-returning shoe with a superior step-in feel.
Progressively designed with over 100 strategically placed directional hexagonal-shaped lugs, the Ignite shoe ensures unwavering grip and power with every swing.
It’s the ultimate in spikeless performance and technology, delivering day-long comfort, support, and style both on and off the greens.
- Full waterproof mesh design
- Ultra-thin durable TPU frame
- Strategically positioned lugs for maximum traction
- Revolutionary proprietary energy-returning PU foam
- Superior step-in comfort
- Very comfortable
- It can be used in all weather, including humid climates.
- It comes in multiple sizes. Take your pick.
- It gives you increased flexibility.
- The eye of the laces might need extra reinforcement.
New Balance Men’s Breeze Breathable Spikeless Comfort Golf Shoe
- Breathable performance mesh upper with supportive overlays
- REVlite 10mm drop* midsole provides lightweight cushioning & premium responsiveness
- NDurance spikeless rubber outsole
- CUSH+ insole for increased comfort
- Forefoot water-guard helps shed water
Another excellent golf shoe that you can consider getting is this product manufactured by New balance. If there is one special thing this footwear is designed to do, it keeps you feeling comfortable all day.
This product has been uniquely designed with amazing technologies that help keep you stable and relaxed while you play golf.
The REVLite midsole gives you a lightweight feel, quick responsiveness, and long-lasting capabilities. It also utilizes a rubber sole that allows for more grip and smoother movement.
Its comfort-oriented design also covers the insole of the footwear. It does this by utilizing an ultra-soft foam that allows for both stability and durability.
- It is made from synthetic materials.
- NDurance Spikeless Rubber sole.
- Breathable performance mesh.
- Forefoot water-guard.
- REVLite midsole.
- Contains insole foam
- It fits very well. Perfect for wide feet.
- It gives you extra comfort and stability.
- It keeps your feet dry; water-resistant.
- Lightweight design allows you to wear it without stress.
- The sizing might be an issue.
FootJoy Men’s Fj Flex Golf Shoes
- Waterproof mesh - lightweight performance waterproof mesh delivers incredible comfort, breathability and all-day comfort
- Complete support - a soft EVA midsole provides increased underfoot cushioning, enhanced comfort and exceptional stability
- Versatile traction - The versa-trax outsole is engineered with traction elements to create an outsole that is perfect for on course performance with wear-to-the-course versatility
- Laser sport fit - offers a full rounded toe character with a standard fit across the forefoot and instep. A toe spring and a slightly narrow heel completes the athletic profile
Finding footwear with a unique blend of desirable features while also fitting you perfectly is the golden standard when purchasing shoes.
This FJ flex golf shoe is one of such products. When golfers think of the perfect shoes for them, they usually decide on making them feel comfortable and improving their game.
This footwear is designed to do just that. It’s made from 100% textile; this product contains a lightweight performance mesh that keeps you comfortable and allows for breathability.
It also has a soft EVA midsole that gives enhanced underfoot cushioning and increased stability. Perhaps the most amazing thing about this product is the versa-Trax outsole that possesses uniquely designed tractions that give you the perfect field performance.
- It is made from 100% textile.
- It utilizes a synthetic sole.
- Lightweight performance mesh.
- It utilizes a soft EVA midsole.
- Versatile traction.
- It keeps you feeling comfortable all day.
- It keeps your feet dry all day regardless of the environment.
- Durable footwear; lasts very long.
- Suitable for senior golfers with slower swing speeds.
- It might not be easy to clean.
FootJoy Men’s Tour-s Boa-Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
- POWER - The Tour-S Power Plate outsole provides an incredibly lightweight yet stable platform from which players efficiently transfer power throughout the golf swing.
- PRECISION - The Tour-S Power Plate outsole provides an incredibly lightweight yet stable platform from which players efficiently transfer power throughout the golf swing.
- COMFORT - The Tour-S Power Plate outsole provides an incredibly lightweight yet stable platform from which players efficiently transfer power throughout the golf swing.
The Footjoy Tour-S offers tremendous stability and comfort, characteristics that are critical in a golf shoe.
Before testing the Footjoy Tour-S BOA, our primary concerns were how the BOA technology would affect the shoe’s comfort and how the golf shoe conforms to the golfer’s foot.
Many golfers are hesitant to buy golf shoes with BOA technology for these reasons, so we were interested to see how these performed.
Ultimately, we were pleasantly surprised by these golf shoes. The BOA technology adds to an already excellent golf shoe without subtracting from it in any meaningful way. Let’s get into the details.
Wondering what a BOA dial is? So were we when Footjoy first introduced this technology a few years back. A BOA dial is essentially a little circular crank on the back of a golf shoe that connects to a wiring system that crisscrosses the top of the shoe.
This wiring system replaces traditional laces. When you turn the wheel clockwise on the back of the golf shoe, the metal laces on the top of the shoe tighten – mimicking the tightening of laces when you pull both strings with your hands.
Once you get to the appropriate level of shoe-tightness (a sophisticated technical engineering term), you push the wheel towards your heel, which sets the “laces” at the tension you desire.
To take off the golf shoe, you pull the dial back (which unlocks the laces) and just slide the shoe off with ease. All of this may sound a bit complicated, but it’s effortless to do in practice.
Another essential detail is that the BOA system starts at the heel of the golf shoe and moves throughout it.
This connects the heel of the golf shoe to the forefoot, which makes the entire shoe wrap around your foot as you tighten it. Over time, this shoe molds to your foot as you break it in. A great improvement.
- Synthetic sole
- Closure Type: Lace-Up
- Shaft measures approximately mid-top from arch
- Great modern looks
- Wide footbed and launch pods provide unbelievable traction
- Tour-spec stretch tongue is brilliant
- Powerstrap genuinely makes the foot feel solid in the swing
- Colorways are simple and won’t put anyone off
- Some thought they ran a little large
- The flashy color scheme and design might not be for everyone
Skechers Men’s Pivot Spikeless Golf Shoe
- Spikeless design
- Water resistant
- Synthetic upper
- Ultra Go Foam
Often, when we want to buy a product, we opt for the big names. That makes sense because bigger companies ideally produce better products.
Smaller manufacturers, however, produce customer-specific products with more extensive features. This golf shoe manufactured by Skechers is one of such products.
This footwear possesses special features like a uniquely designed spikeless outsole that gives better traction and perforations on the side panels that allow for better breathability.
It also comes with a classic leather-look finish, a molded rubber grip bottom plate, a water-resistant upper structure, ultra-lightweight feel, foam cushioning that allows for comfortability, and a translucent outsole. Its leather-look finish also makes it look attractive and classy.
- It is made from synthetic material.
- Water-resistant structure.
- Ultra-lightweight footwear.
- Ultra-GO foam cushioning.
- GOGA MAX technology.
- Rubber grip bottom plate.
- Perforations accents on side panels.
- It contains enough cushions for comfort.
- Very affordable product.
- Quality product; lasts very long.
- This shoe has a lightweight design.
- Comfortable footwear.
- The sizing might not fit you exactly.
Callaway Men’s Balboa Vent Golf Shoe
- Dura-rubber spikeless outsole with multi-drectional traction control lugs
- Opti-soft EVA midsole
- 5mm EVA sock liner
- Opti-Vent mesh liner for heat management
A real knockout of a product, the Callaway Balboa Vent Golf Shoe has a durable rubber spikeless outsole that provides multi-directional traction for what we can only describe as an all-purpose grip.
Anyone who’s spent even a few minutes on a golf course (though, we’d hope it was a little longer) knows that along with the swing, keeping your eye on the golf ball, and picking the correct golf club set, the traction is up there as one of the essential facets of a good game of golf.
It fits close to size, this traction is enhanced, and you’ll also get the maximum comfort and stability possible with a pair of golf shoes like this.
The Opti-Vent mesh lining offers excellent breathability and heat management, while the 5mm EVA sock liner makes those long, arduous rounds a little more bearable. Like all spikeless shoes, if you want to wear them off-course, then you can do that without worry, too.
However, annoyingly, they aren’t waterproof. If you like to enjoy your golf in tropical – but mostly dry – climates, then this isn’t an issue, but not everyone has such a luxury.
If you can’t resist making these part of your golf attire, though, we’d suggest treating them with the hydrophobic solution, or at least pulling some plastic bags over your feet, just in case.
- Dura-rubber spikeless outsole with multi-directional traction
- Opti-soft EVA midsole
- 5mm EVA sock-liner
- Opti-Vent mesh liner for heat management and breathability
- 100% Mesh construction
- Maximum stability and comfort
- It fits close to the size
- Not waterproof
adidas Men’s 360 Traxion
- New competition last features a slightly rounded toe shape and wider forefoot for increased overall volume, improved comfort, and exceptional stability
- Full-length bounce foam midsole provides exceptional cushioning, comfort, and energy return
- Climastorm upper construction engineered with microfiber and textile for improved performance in lightweight comfort, superior breathability, and durability
- Spikeless pure motion outsole with strategically placed adiwear traction provides great stability, versatile grip, and durability
- Cloud foam eva sock liner provides enhanced support and cushioning
The best spikeless golf shoes don’t always have to be the most expensive or the best looking (although these certainly look great). Instead, they can be the shoes that give you the best bang for your buck and provide a reliable, long-lasting, but also straightforward option.
For the budget and bargain hunting golfer, the Adidas 360 Traxion spikeless shoes provide pretty much everything their more expensive counterparts do while still ensuring everyone gets to try them and their local course out.
The new rounded toe shape increases volume and stability. Its full-length bounce foam and Cloudfoam sock-liner offer excellent cushioning for merciful all-day wear either on the course or just out and about.
The Climastorm upper is water-resistant and breathable, making them suitable for all weather, and the spikeless Adiwear traction is one of the best designs we’ve come across. And it combines excellently with your golfing clothes.
They are a little too narrow for some feet, but you can buy them half a size bigger to remedy this or remove the insole.
For the price, you won’t find a shoe that’s better for all-around play, and you’ll have change left over to treat yourself to lunch and a drink at the clubhouse after the 18th hole.
- New rounded toe shape increases volume, comfort, and stability
- Full-length bounce foam provides cushioning
- Climastorm upper construction for breathability
- Excellent spikeless pure motion Adiwear traction
- Cloud foam EVA sock-liner
- Removable insole
- Water-resistant design
- Slightly too narrow for some
PUMA Men’s Grip Sport Golf Shoe
The Puma Grip Sport Golf Shoe is an awesomely designed option perfect for the modern, young golfer – or any elder statesmen who want to show these upstart kids they’ve still got it.
It comes with a lightweight, breathable upper that makes them ideal for summer games, and the traditional lace-up closure offers more functionality than laymen might expect.
With it, you have control over the tightness and flexibility of your Puma shoe, giving you the edge when you step up to the tee or green.
The SmartQuill technology is crucial in providing traction and stability, especially on a harder, less malleable ground. The Fusion foam compression midsole is responsive enough to make your swing and follow through one of the most powerful and reliable on your course.
We shouldn’t have to mention this is also comfortable, but we will anyway, and that’s a bonus no matter what you’re doing.
Unfortunately, they’re not waterproof, which is why they’re only great for summer golfing. Even so, with these, you’ll go down as one of the more stylish swingers (nope, not those kinds of swingers) on the course and still feel comfortable as you enjoy your fun in the sun, at least until your ball ends up in the drink.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh upper
- SmartQuill Technology provides traction and stability
- Fusion foam compression midsole both comfortable and responsive
- Traditional lace-up closure
- Synthetic outsole
- Rounded toe provides comfort
- Excellent for summer golfing
- Not waterproof
adidas Men’s Adicross V Golf Spikeless Shoe
- Lace-up golf shoe featuring Climastorm water-resistant upper with logo stripe overlays at sides
- Lightweight Cloudfoam sockliner
- Flexible spikeless ADIWEAR durable outsole
Another excellent spikeless shoe you can try out is this Adicross V golf shoes. This golf shoe offers you the chance to be classy and improve your game by utilizing its many amazing features.
These shoes work for you both on the golf course and other appropriate places. Another excellent thing about this product is that its upper structure is waterproof.
You also get to enjoy Puremotion spikeless outsole that gives you more grip and keeps you comfortable.
- Made from 100% leather
- Water-resistant leather covers the upper structure.
- Lightweight footwear
- Utilizes CLOUDFOAM sock-liner
- Spikeless rubber soles.
- ADIWEAR outsole.
- Optimal comfort and grip.
- It gives a comfortable feel.
- It has a perfect fit.
- You can use it in all weather conditions.
- It goes perfectly well with other clothing.
- It might be a bit narrow for wide feet.
Under Armour Women’s Micro G Pursuit Golf Shoe
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper delivers complete breathability
- Foam padding placed around your ankle collar & under the tongue for an incredibly comfortable fit & feel
- High rebound, die cut EVA sockliner built with extended arch support
- One piece Micro G foam midsole turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
The Under Armour brand was a relatively unknown player in the golf footwear and apparel industry until Jordan Spieth shot to stardom and became their poster child.
Spieth introduced the world to Under Armour golf apparel and, more recently, to Under Armour golf shoes.
The Under Armour’s Spieth 2 golf shoe takes the Spieth 1 version to the next level. The Under Armour Spieth 2 features a sleek design, and it is packed with all the latest technology to ensure a 100% waterproof and stable yet comfortable golf shoe.
Golfers have become increasingly fashionable over the last 5-10 years. But the best golf shoes don’t just look good; they feel good too.
The Under Armour Spieth 2 golf shoe is both fashionable and functional. It’s available in five different color options, so you can easily tailor your pair to your style.
However, these golf shoes aren’t what we would consider “flashy.” They’re not made in the mold of Rickie Fowler; they’re made in the mold of Jordan Spieth – classic and straightforward.
If you’ve played in wet and rainy conditions, you’ll be able to appreciate the Under Armour Spieth 2’s waterproof construction.
Keeping your golf club grips dry is hard enough; worrying about wet feet only adds to your worries. Thankfully, most of the best golf shoes these days feature a waterproof construction.
The Under Armour Spieth 2 golf shoes are no different. These golf shoes are 100% waterproof and feature an updated GORE-TEX construction.
Golf is hard – hard. Playing with golf shoes that are stable and mobile is a must to ensure that you don’t slip when you’re trying to keep your golf ball in the fairway.
The Under Armour Spieth 2 golf shoe features a smart woven upper made from powerful and lightweight TPU fibers.
In addition to the new intelligent woven upper, the shoe is constructed out of a new softer Clarino microfiber leather; this ensures that you stay locked in and makes these some of the best golf shoes available.
- Mesh upper improves breathability and flexibility
- EVA sock liner ensures a comfortable fit
- Foam padding in strategic areas provide support during intense runs
- Micro G responsive cushioning softens landings and boosts takeoffs
- Sturdy outsole enhances traction and grip
- Design finish
Under Armour Men’s UA Spieth One BOA Golf Shoes
- UA Smartweave upper provides the ultimate lightweight support
- Clarino microfiber leather for added durability & support
- Integrated lacing system for a locked-in fit
- Adjustable BOA precision closure delivers quick, customizable support & stability
- GORE-TEX construction is 100% waterproof but remains incredibly breathable
Under Armour is a company that has taken the athletics world by storm over the last couple of decades. It seems that Under Armour now has a presence in nearly every sport – and that certainly includes golf.
Some of the world’s top players (like Jordan Spieth) wear Under Armour golf shoes, and you should consider doing the same.
They’ve applied their expert knowledge of athletics to the golf shoe, and the results are fantastic. The Spieth One golf shoes are the latest golf shoes from Under Armour and do not disappoint.
These golf shoes are lightweight, 100% waterproof, and provide golfers when tremendous comfort and stability. Without a doubt, these are some of the best golf shoes available.
The Spieth One golf shoes represent Jordan Spieth’s style very well. These golf shoes are classic and modern. They stand out from the pack without seeming obnoxious or over-the-top.
There is nothing in particular that stands out right away about the design of the Under Armour Spieth One golf shoes, which is precisely what many players are looking for.
Simply put, they are just good-looking golf shoes that will pair well with various golf attire.
The best golf shoes on the market are waterproof. In golf, you’ll often find yourself playing in the rain or stepping in a puddle.
Shoe comfort is key in not distracting from your golf swing, so a waterproof shoe goes a long way in wet conditions. The Spieth One is 100% waterproof and comes with a two-year warranty.
Because Under Armour’s bread and butter is making athletic clothing and footwear for athletes of all sports, these waterproof golf shoes are also breathable.
Under Armour credits their UA Storm Technology for this development, and golfers love the performance of these shoes in the rain.
If you already own other Under Armour products, you know what kind of quality and performance usually comes with this brand name.
You can expect those same characteristics to come along with the Under Armour Spieth One. The golf shoes are waterproof, comfortable, stable, and they look great. To us, these golf shoes are a no-brainer and are one of the best golf shoes on the market.
- Material: Leather and Textile
- Manufacturer: Under Armour
- Weight: 14. 4 oz.
- Gender: Men’s
- Outstanding stability
- Highly ranked for comfort
- A substantial amount of traction
- Available in only a few colors
1. Find your fit
Making sure your golf shoes fit correctly is essential. Aside from the long distances you may walk during a given round, you’re also going to be on your feet for 4-5 hours, standing, walking, or hitting your golf ball. So, here are a few things to consider when you’re trying to find the right fit:
- Measure both feet before you select a size. If your feet differ in size, make sure you’re requesting a size that fits the larger foot.
- When you’re ready to pick out a new pair of golf shoes, take the kind of socks with you that you’ll be wearing when you play. This will ensure the fit and feel are accurate when you step onto the course.
2. What’s your style?
The look of golf footwear has come a long way in recent years with more style options. Golf shoes run the gamut in terms of what they look like and how versatile they can be.
Golf footwear can be divided into two main categories: traditional and athletic when it’s all said and done.
Traditional golf shoes have a very classic look. Generally constructed from leather, traditional golf shoes are very sturdy and long-lasting.
Because of the leather construction, they are known to be very comfortable and are commonly waterproof.
Check the shoe’s product description to ensure the one you’re trying on is indeed waterproof. One downfall to a traditional golf shoe is a lack of breathability.
If air circulation is essential to you, you may want to consider an athletic golf shoe. Because of their overall look, athletic golf shoes can be confused with the everyday running of cross-training footwear.
They have a very different appearance than their traditional counterparts, so if you know what you are looking for, distinguishing between the two can be easy.
Athletic golf shoes are breathable, lightweight, and highly flexible (much like conventional athletic shoes), making this shoe style comfortable in any number of outdoor conditions.
Many athletic golf shoes also carry waterproof guarantees and offer various style and color options for players.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I wear tennis shoes for golf?
You can play your way around the golf course in tennis shoes, running shoes, cross trainers, or any shoes you wish (so long as they do not damage the turf and are permitted by the golf course)
2. Do I need golf shoes?
The answer is simple: Golf shoes are specifically designed to give players stability, balance, and flexibility during the unique motion of a golf swing. If the player is slipping or sliding during the swing movement, it is hard to make good contact with the golf ball and, consequently, produce good shots.
3. Are expensive golf shoes worth it?
As for the question — are golf shoes worth it? There is no other answer than yes. Investing some money in your footwear can help you improve your overall game. If the price is too much for you, some websites and stores offer quality shoes for much a lower price.
4. What should I look for when buying golf shoes?
All you need to know is this: look for golf shoes that utilize both flexible and stiff traction sections in their outsoles. You will be getting the most comfortable golf shoes have to offer, and more playability than any shoes have ever given your game.
There are three significant areas that the golf shoe helps during a golf swing. They are balance, stability, and flexibility.
Golf shoes help balance because they are designed to keep your feet connected to the ground throughout the swing.
If you look at a golf shoe, you will notice that they are wider along the shoe base. This is intentional because it helps keep the lower half of the body steady during the swing to maximize swing speed. This also helps to find the best golf shoes for wide feet.
Stability is also helped with golf shoes because of their design. Whether you choose spiked or spikeless shoes, either option will make a connection with the turf that allows for traction and optimum gripping throughout the downswing.
And finally, golf shoes help with flexibility during those tough shots where your feet find themselves on uneven ground. We hope our article was helpful to you. Happy shopping!