Golf Carry Bag with Stand
Golf Carry Bag are so handy in carrying all your valuables and playing accessories while playing golf. There are many different categories of bags available in the market like; Cart bags, Travel Bags, Stand bags, and so on. Stand bags are designed with self-balancing stands to stand on the ground.
You might already have taken a look at our ultimate guide to the best golf bags, but here we’re looking more specifically at the best golf stand bags on the market this year.
Carrying a stand bag gives you more freedom to move around the golf course; you can walk straight up to your ball wherever it’s sitting. It’s also quicker and easier to deal with pre and post-game, and it can help keep you fit.
If you like to carry, then you’ll look for something lightweight and comfortable that sits nicely on the back. Depending on the conditions you generally play in, you will want to consider the quality of the stand and the level of storage available. Easy access and protection of clubs will always be a consideration.
It would be best if you had a bag that’s robust, stable, and will protect your equipment; perhaps you need it to be waterproof too. You also want a stand bag that delivers the best possible ergonomic fit for you.
Usually, withstand bags, you will be carrying your clubs and other accessories like mobile phones, hydration bottles, and others.
You will find numerous bags with relatively similar features and space capacity that makes it more challenging to choose from. So, we have listed the top best ten stand bags here with their features and pros and cons.
Titleist Players 4 StaDry Golf Bag
- Lightweight, low profile 4-way top cuff with full-length dividers
- StaDry Waterproof construction with seam-sealed zippers
- NEW Premium double strap
- 7 Pockets total
- Quick-access magnetic accessories pocket
Titleist stand bag is for golfers seeking high quality, modern styling, and complete waterproof protection. The durable StaDry construction and seam-sealed zippers ensure the bag is completely waterproof. The lightweight design (1.8kg)and cushioned foam straps provide comfort.
This bag is much improved over previous versions. The four-way top is easier to get clubs in and out of than the last top three-way, and the wider ball pocket is also easier to access.
The ingenious convertible straps allow for single or double strap carry options, although it does take time and a read of the instructions to master this.
This stand bag is lighter than most stand bags, and the shoulder straps are incredibly comfortable. Though straps are comfortable, they are also complicated such that they can become twisted and come out of the retaining device during play. We recommend understanding instructions to reposition them quickly.
It comes with a study design, benefiting from solid legs with rubber feet that provide a stable base. A Velcro strap means you can quickly secure the legs for use on a trolley.
- Sturdy and wide-spreading legs
- Plenty of space in the divider for 14 clubs
- StaDry tech no doubt works. Fully waterproof
- Pockets are all a good size, especially balls pocket
- Compatible with latest electric trolley’s on market
- Uncomfortable straps to wear
- Valuables pocket was a nuisance
- The back cushioning pad is thin and offers little padding
- Plenty of other bags that are as good quality and more affordable
TaylorMade FlexTech Bag
- 5-Way organizational top
- 5 Full-length dividers to eliminate club crowding
- Seam-sealed valuables pocket with micro-suede lining
- Anti-split stand system
- 11 Pockets
With a self-adjusting strap system and four full-length dividers, the TaylorMade FlexTech Crossover is a bag designed for ease of use, and we indeed found this when using it.
The Strap Slider System allows the bag to stay stable while carrying and adjusts itself as you move. Meanwhile, the FlexTech stand system is easy to use and means the bag is easy to access while walking.
This is another bag that works on a trolley thanks to how the base is made, the easily removable strap, and the 14-way divider. While the 14-way divider might be too big for those who carry it often, it means there is never any club crowding in the bag.
Ten pockets include a suede-lined valuables pocket, two large apparel pockets, and a large insulated cooler pocket, meaning there is plenty of space to store all the essentials and more.
- Great color selection
- No club crowding
- No kickstand
- Sturdy feel and sturdy grab handles
- Full-length dividers
- Ample club divider space for up to 4 clubs each
- Comfortable back straps
- Cooler pocket for drinks
- The rain cover isn’t much to shout home about
- Not 100% waterproof, so it may not be suitable for regular use in the winter
2020 Callaway HyperDry C Waterproof Golf Bag
- The ultimate waterproof carry bag
- New lightweight 4 Way top with full-length dividers fully seam-sealed to keep the elements out welded zippers
- Padded comfort strap design provides increased carry comfort
- Updated Self-balancing X-Act Fit Strap System Upgraded grab handle
- Ultralight at just 4 lbs
Callaway is known for producing innovative and trendsetting equipment, whether metal woods, irons, golf balls, or golf bags. The same can be said for some of the best golf bags the company makes too.
Callaway offers an impressive range of golf bags engineered to suit differing on-course requirements and to deliver top-notch performance, but which models are the best? Well, whether you prefer to carry or take a cart, here below, we have created a list of the best Callaway golf bags to narrow your search.
The excellent Callaway Hyper Dry C Stand Bag delivers on several levels. It is incredibly lightweight at just 1.8kg, it’s waterproof, and it looks awesome in seven different color options.
We found this bag to be super comfy to carry, not only because it weighs so little but also because of the excellent padded strap. The straps are self-adjusting, so it sits nicely on your back and stays put throughout the round.
It’s sleek and easy to lift, and it’s nice and compact for fitting in a car or locker.
With sealed seams and welded zips, your kit will stay dry in challenging conditions and, although it’s a smaller stand bag, there is ample storage in four roomy pockets.
- Comfy carrying
- Incredibly lightweight
- Less storage space than some stand bags
Cobra Golf Ultralight Sunday Bag
Cobra Golf is a name that seems to be everywhere this year, and thankfully it is becoming a name synonymous with quality.
Cobra Golf Stand Bag is the ultralight stand bag built for carrying at 4.5 lbs with eight pockets and an excellent flow hip pad. The pad provides ultimate breathability and comfort.
Polyester materials used in the bag with its easy flex base allow you greater turf contact when legs are activated for advanced stability. The bag has eight different pockets.
You can carry your other valuables like water bottles, mobile phones, keys with these bags specified pockets for these valuables along with the club’s dividers.
If you’re using a Sunday bag, storage likely isn’t your primary concern. But it’s still something to take into consideration. You’ll want at least one pocket to store essentials like your phone, a water bottle, or a light jacket.
We liked the bag with its built-in quality and features to store enough goods to play golf worry-free. It keeps your valuables safe and secure. And carrying this lightweight bag is very comfortable.
- Ultralight Stand bag features eight total pockets
- Cool flow hip pad providing ultimate breathability
- Rain cover feature would be better
Titleist Players 4 Stand Bag
- Expandable full-length apparel pocket
- 8 Pockets total
- NEW Premium double strap
- Quick-access magnetic accessories pocket
- High-grade aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability
Titleist bags are aimed primarily at professional golfers. Still, they have a good following amongst amateur golfers that require more storage space and versatility to be used as a stand bag or cart bag.
The style and design are based on caddies and tour players’ feedback, enhancing the ultimate bag for better performance.
The construction of durable materials and quilted inserts and premium hardware frames with high density cushioning foam provides many features. The Titleist Tour Staff bag is a prevalent choice.
Water resistance is provided in the form of watertight military-grade zippers. This is not one of the lightest bags on the list weighing in at 10.8 pounds.
The bag’s design is the standard Titleist staff color scheme and comes in a red, black, and white combination.
The ten strategically positioned pockets are easily accessible, and there are two magnetic release pockets for valuable storage.
The two molded grab handles at the top of the bag make it easier to lift, and the foam cushioning in the strap will make it easier to carry.
As expected, the staff bag is in the upper echelons of the pricing category and will not be the first pick for many golfers on lower budgets.
Unique features on the Titleist staff bag are the 3-point single shoulder strap and the military-grade zippers for improved water protection.
These bags are not for everyone, but if you can afford them and have the game to go with them, you will not regret having access to all the technology and comfort.
- Quality build
- 6-way divider
OGIO 2020 Convoy SE Stand Bag
Just as Titleist is known for its quality, Ogio is known for making golf bags. Ogio has been producing high-quality golf bags for many years.
While not the cheapest bag on the market, this is an ideal mid-range bag because it has features usually reserved for more expensive bags and deceptively light to boot. But it strikes a lovely, delicate balance between being cumbersome and providing ample storage.
This is undoubtedly the golf equipment they specialize in, and the Convoy is no exception.
The Ogio 2020 Convoy SE Stand Bag is also made of Ripstop nylon, which is very durable. Even if you are generally careless with how you load and unload your bag, this Ogio model should last a very long time.
The weight, as we mentioned, is minimal. At just 5.8 pounds, this bag won’t overburden you. And while nylon isn’t inherently the most waterproof material, the Ogio 2020 Convoy SE Stand Bag does come standard with a rain hood and umbrella holder slot.
The bag will remain in excellent condition for many years. Although there are 11 pockets, the sizeable insulated cooler and the valuables-lined pocket are certainly some of the most functional.
- Good variety of pockets
- Durable fabric
- Works for cart or walking
- Nice color choices
- Dividers are not full length
PowerBilt TPS Dunes 14-Way Stand Bag
- 9 inch, 14 way graphite friendly separator top
- 3 full length club shaft dividers
- Padded double carry strap and hip pad
- Tee holder, scorecard sleeve, umbrella holder, rain hood cover and towel ring with Velcro glove attachment
- Constructed from light weight dobby nylon materials
The Powerbilt 14-way stand bag is an incredibly well-reviewed budget stand bag with a separate slot for every club. It is lightweight and with plenty of storage. The budget bag offers performance, reliability, and quality in abundance.
Speaking of carrying, the Powerbilt 14-Way Stand Bag has a padded double carry strap which is quite comfortable. They even threw in a hip pad.
And the nylon material is very breathable, so you won’t be stifled by your sweat when you carry this bag on your back.
There is a velour-lined valuables pocket for your watches, phones, and other delicate belongings.
There is also an oversized apparel pocket that runs the length of the bag, top to bottom.
There are a couple of accessory pouches in the front that are good for balls, keys, GPS devices, or even an extra pair of shoes.
The top divider does an excellent job of keeping your clubs organized too. The Powerbilt 14-Way Stand Bag features full-length dividers, so your clubs will fit snugly.
It’s made of nylon which does a decent job of beading and repelling water, but it won’t protect your items from getting soaked through.
But the Powerbilt 14-Way Stand Bag does come standard with a rain hood to hold up well in a light downpour.
Of course, the Powerbilt 14-Way Stand Bag weighs only 5.4 pounds on its own, even with the tempered steel legs. So this is a very lightweight bag for its price point.
- Larger pockets
- Simplistic design
- Padded Strap
- The quality of materials and stitching is a bit lower than other options on the market.
Maxfli 2019 Honors Plus Golf Stand Bag
- 14-way padded divider; 3 full-length dividers for easy organization
- 10 pockets; 2 large garment pockets, interior velour-lined valuables pocket, easy-access golf ball pocket, fully insulated beverage cooling pocket and more
- Durable carry straps with high density foam padding for comfort
- Cart strap channel keeps pockets accessible while bag is stable; combination towel ring and glove holder for convenience
- Constructed with lightweight nylon ripstop material for added durability
Maxfli is undoubtedly not as involved in the world of golf equipment as they once were.
However, this 14-way stand bag is an excellent choice for golfers that like to walk or ride the course.
The top of the bag is padded so that your clubs have additional protection as you take them in and out.
Although there are not 14 full-length dividers, the three full-length dividers will help you keep things in your golf bag organized and free of any damage.
The cart channel strap also keeps the golf bag in a good position on the cart as you ride around.
- Towel ring and glove holder
- Three full-length dividers
- Durable carry straps
- Accessible access golf ball pocket
- Light colors can get dirty quickly
Founders Club Golf Stand Bag
- Anti- Club Rattling technology. With 13 Moulded spots to lock your shafts in place you will no longer have clubs rattling and banging together while you walk. There is a separate space for your putter and 10 full length dividers to keep your clubs from getting tangling with one another.
- Plenty of pockets for storage- 6 zippered pockets plus 1 accessible drink sleeve help you keep organized on the course. One of the pockets is a full length apparel pocket and 1 pocket has a waterproof seam sealed zipper to protect your valuables.
- Comfort- This light weight stand bag has a amply padded dual strap carrying system that balances the weight of your clubs evenly while you walk the course. A padded hip pad helps steady the bag against your body comfortably. The handles included an integrated grab handle and bottom of the bag trunk handle makes this bag a breeze getting your clubs in an out of your trunk. Retractable stand positions your clubs for easy access while on the course.
- Bonus Features included are snap on rain cover, hook and loop fastener for your glove, D clip for your towel, Sleeve to hold your umbrella,
- Satisfaction Guarantee- 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 2 year limited warranty
The Founders Club Cart Bag is unique with a 14-way top and anti-rattle technology. This technology locks in your irons to prevent them from moving around and crashing against each other.
Do you hate the way your current bag allows your irons to bump into each other while you’re walking or driving the cart? If the answer is yes, this bag will solve that problem!
You can find all of the features you would expect from an excellent quality cart bag in this Founders Club model. The insulated cooler pocket, lined valuables pocket, and two side handles will satisfy golfers of all skill levels.
The 14-way divider system provides each club with a protective rubberized slot holding each grip away from the other. There are no rattles, no club damage, and knowing where every club sits in your bag – three features that every driver appreciates.
If you regularly drive a motorized cart, this is the right bag for you. The bag delivers excellent convenience from reaching into the ice pocket for a cold drink or a quick retrieval of your phone or other valuables from the fur-lined protective pocket.
- It keeps clubs from moving around
- Lots of features
- Grab handle for easier maneuverability
- Only available in two colors
Izzo Golf Versa Riding
The Izzo Golf Versa Bag combines a carry bag with the club dividers and storage from a cart bag.
From carrying to cart use, the Versa is engineered to provide versatility for every golfer’s needs. Plus, you can make your new bag exclusive to you by personalizing the front ball pocket.
The Versa Bag’s dividers combine a cart bag’s storage with the lightweight and compact design of a stand bag. This is perfect for golfers who like to walk and use a cart.
Are you the type of golfer who likes listening to music on the course? Keep your electronics fully charged thanks to the rechargeable and portable Power Pocket.
The ergonomic design effortlessly balances your bag for effortless carrying with only one strap that’s padded for support.
- Engineered to provide versatility
- Lightweight and compact
- The front ball pocket is personalizable
- Ergonomic design
- Not budget-friendly
Now that we have seen what is out there let’s look at a few essential buying considerations that should help make your decision much more accessible.
Ideally, a golf bag won’t be more than a couple of pounds when empty. The lighter the bag, the easier it will be to carry for a golfer that likes to walk the course.
There are two basic styles of golf bag: the stand bag and the cart bag. However, you will also find some products that fall into a weird grey area. Though the bags on our list here today do all feature a stand, some of them resemble a cart bag in appearance.
The backpack-style strap design concept accounts for the overwhelming majority of bags out there. If you plan on walking (really ever), this is a design element that you won’t be able to do without.
The alternative is the single strap bag. These products are found chiefly on cart-style units, but you will occasionally see them used for stand bags as well.
It seems strange that you would even need to look for a golf bag that takes into account accessories. After all, that is essentially what golf bags are for in the first place.
Many bags allocate room only for your clubs and maybe a few sleeves of balls.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to get custom bags like the pros to have?
The pro’s golf backs cost hundreds of dollars. You probably don’t want that. However, some companies allow you to get custom messages, such as your name or a favorite slogan embroidered on the bag.
2. How long does the average golf bag last?
It depends on how much you play. With care, a good golf bag can last for many years.
3. Can you rent golf stand bags?
Yes, You may find some stores or suppliers who allow you to rent golf stand bags. But we recommend not to rent than purchase ones because the expense gets near to purchase value.
4. Is it worth getting a waterproof golf bag?
If you hate emptying your bag and drying the pockets’ contents after a game in the rain, then yes, it’s worth the extra.
5. How much does a golf travel bag weigh?
Usually, a regular golf travel bag will weigh 25 to 30 pounds when with 14 clubs and other essentials. Except for the clubs, the bag weighs about 8-12 lbs.
The tips and FAQs might have helped you know the features you need to focus on before buying any bags. We have analyzed the products based on these features as well to make sure you get the best.
So there you have it. Which of these products is going to be right for you? As the guide shows, there are options out there for budget buyers and people who demand the very best. The good news is that no matter which you choose, the chances are pretty solid that you will get something you like.